From March 4th, 1993, motor racing is one of the sports that can be practiced by people with disabilities at a competitive level. Thanks to this measure of the Ministry of Health, Italy has also managed to get in line with all the other European countries.
Thanks to the collaboration with Guidosimplex, a company specialized in the design, production and installation of special driving aids and transportation systems for the disabled, the “H Project” has born and DAZEROA300 becomes the first reality in Europe to make available racing and GT cars adapted for people with disabilities, for sports driving courses and racing experience on the racetrack.
As a result of the extra collaboration with Fisaps (Italian Federation of Motor Sports Special Licenses) Dazeroa300 will also provide its customers with the courses that this association already organizes for all disabled motoring enthusiasts.
The purpose of Dazeroa300 is to promote the development of automotive activity among the disabled, in the same way of the able-bodied. It is a certain fact that sport is a valid therapy for the reintegration and enhancement of one’s potential.
This is a project of integration through sport, practiced by all without distinction according to one’s possibilities and attitudes, which involves both able-bodied and the disabled, in the same activity on the racetrack.
Sport is an important tool for the disabled especially for:
- allowing them to get to know their bodies, have a positive perspective of themselves that can be enhanced and not to be seen as an obstacle;
- revolutionizing their point of view, providing new objectives and goals to be achieved;
- assigning each one a role, a specific task in a collective context, thus succeeding in breaking down the walls that are created outside. In sport we are all the same and on the racetrack we can compete on equal terms.
DRIVING AIDS – GUIDOSIMPLEX
- Electronic accelerator ring above the steering wheel
This device is fixed directly above the original steering wheel; in order to obtain acceleration you just have to make a light pressure at any point of the rim; by doing that the user can safely maintain the normal driving position with both hands on the steering wheel.
- Manual forward brake
The lever is made entirely of aluminum and covered with embossed rubber; with this shape it guarantees practicality and safety while using it and it is optimally integrated within the car. The lever, as required by current legislation, works by pushing forward and is equipped with a button to operate the horn and a locking system to facilitate hill starts.
The cars provided and used by Dazeroa300 with these special driving aids are BMW M3 E92 and Ferrari F458 Italia.
Available our racing car Mitjet 2.0 L as well.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS AND DOCUMENTS NEEDED FOR THE PARTICIPATION
The course is reserved for participants with disabilities in the lower limbs and in possession of a special B license.
All participants who want to take part in the activities and dedicated courses will be asked to submit the following documents:
- Application form duly filled in to be sent by e-mail to: email@example.com
Together with the request, the applicant must include the physical pathology and the related driving adaptations reported on his/her special license.
- A doctor’s certified note attesting the suitability for non-competitive sport (to be carried on the day of the course);
- A copy of the special type B driving license (to be carried on the day of the course).